It is very important to take care of your new piercing that you did. Piercing is very sensitive as if not taken care of properly may cause swelling and infections to your body part, especially ears.
Here is the method (step by step approach) of how you can clean the new piercing.
1. Wash your hands really well before you clean or touch your piercing for any reason
2. Saline: Soak for five minutes once or more per day. Seal a cup of warm saline solution over the area. For some piercings, it will be easier to use clean gauze or paper towels soaked in a saline solution. Rinse after you salt soak because dried salt crystals could hurt you and your piercing.
3. Soap: only once or twice a day. While showering, cover up a dime-sized drop of the soap to clean the jewelry and the piercing. Leave the soap on the piercing for not more than thirty seconds.
4. Rinse: to remove all the soap from the piercing. You do not have to rotate the jewelry through the piercing.
5. Dry gently with clean, disposable paper products. Cloth towels could snag on jewelry and they might have bacteria on them.
Tips And Tricks To Keep Infections Away.
Keep your piercing away from the bodies of water that are unhygienic like hot tubs, lake pools, etc.
Keep your sheet and pillows cleaned at least once a week.
Make sure anything that may be in contact with your piercing is cleaned and not pressing on the piercing phone, headphones, hats eyeglasses, etc.